Liberty United Methodist Church is a multi-campus church serving the Northeast part of the Kansas City Metro area whose mission is to be a Christian community where people encounter Jesus and where lives are being changed.
We are looking for an Associate Youth Director (30 hours per week) who is a committed Christ-like leader with a passion for investing in and discipling youth. This role will require a candidate who is passionate about the mission of Liberty United Methodist Youth and has demonstrated experience in leading and empowering youth.
The mission of Liberty United Methodist Youth (LUMY) is to be a community for students to experience the life changing love of Jesus through relationships with their peers, adults who care about them, and through authentic worship. Our hope is that by doing life in relationship with one another we are able to experience the freedom that Christ can offer in a deeper way than we could on our own.
We complete the mission through four strategic processes: 1) develop meaningful relationships; 2) foster purposeful environments; 3) partner with parents/guardians; and 4) promote missional living. LUMY’s aim is to help students learn to take Jesus and God’s story more serious than any other thing.
- Evaluate and execute LUMY’s youth strategy
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with students
- Develop high impact environments: large and small group gatherings, mission trips, retreats, and outreach events
- Enlist, equip, and empower lay leaders for ministry
- Share primary teaching responsibilities with the Director of Youth Ministry
- Provide timely, effective communication to parents regarding LUMY’s ministry goals, events, and volunteer opportunities, as well as, educating parents and helping them engage directly in the spiritual development of their children
- Help students to engage with God’s dream of justice through missional participation
- Periodically attend sport, academic, and social events at local schools
- Committed and faithful follower of Jesus Christ
- Associates Degree Required; Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
- Strong background and experience in youth ministry, including 1+ years proven ability to develop and improve a student ministry program
- Exceptional leadership, management, and administrative skills with an ability to manage leaders across multiple disciplines and experience levels
- Innovative style, with a commitment to excellence and comfortable developing deep and meaningful relationships with students, parents, staff, and volunteer leaders
- Strong interpersonal and pastoral skills, with an energetic spirit who can develop and encourage leaders through an open-minded, approachable style
- Strong collaboration skills to enable partnering with parents and other ministry areas in the church and community
- Ability to work nights and weekends
LUMC is an equal opportunity employer. Note: As a church, LUMC is permitted one exception to EEO (religion), under Federal and State law.
- Please email all the following to email@example.com specifying Associate Youth Director in the subject line:
- Resume and cover letter
- Statement of your philosophy of ministry and your call to ministry
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Your pay requirement
- Applications will be received until August 20
Please explore lumcmo.org & lumymo.org to learn more information about our faith community.